28 May 2009

City Beautiful



I am beginning to really appreciate time spent on the train.  I've been spending a lot of time in the city as of late and so a lot of time on the train as well.  Its an hour of time with 'nothing else to do, nowhere else to go'.  I could catch up on any one of the books I'm reading, or listen to my ipod- both of which I do occasionally- but the past few times, I've spent a large part of the trip just staring out the window, trying to let my thoughts come and go as they please.

For the most part it's been pleasant thoughts- excitement, contentment, and a general sense of well-being. I've been generally happy for a few months now, and so I'm perfectly happy to stare out the window as my thoughts come and go like waves rolling onto the shore.



No comments:

Post a Comment