04 May 2011

The Hunt

Isn't there someone with an open position for a bibliophile-yogi-crafter-cyclist-foodie-geek?
I find jobs to apply to, jobs that I'm qualified for, that I just can't see myself ever being passionate about.  I will always find it difficult to be passionate about a job that requires button-down shirts and high heels.  I will always find it difficult to be passionate about a job that involves regularly ringing phones and cubicles.  I will always find it difficult to be passionate about a job that keeps me at a desk, staring at a computer screen for 40 hours a week.
I kind of feel like my job hunt is more like Duck Hunt.  Every time I send out a resume without getting a hit (whether or not I was really interested in the position) that obnoxious dog pops up and starts laughing at me.   
 
How can you turn your passions into your profession? How can you monetize an interest without it becoming a job?  Where does one even find the opportunity to make the attempt?  
I guess I just want to know how to find that perfect job and once I've found it how to land it. Is that so much to ask?
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment